Nas, The Roots, Just Blaze Pay Tribute To Nat King Cole
The collaborative effort will consist of thirteen of Coles classic recordings, remixed with the styles of each artist, producer, or deejay. Inside the cover, Los Angeles-based visual artists have used Coles music to create custom album artwork.
In addition to commemorating Coles contributions to music and African American culture, the album will work towards connecting the generations.
With Re:Generations, we want to musically and visually bridge the so-called generation gap and hopefully create mutual admiration and respect between teens, parents, and grands of every culture, said Carole Cole, Nat King Coles daughter and CEO of King Cole Partners and Productions.
The compilation will not only embrace Hip Hop, but also Latin music, Reggae, and Rock. Some of the most notable artists of these other genres are Damian Jr. Gong Marley and Stephen Marley, who bring a Reggae twist to Coles Calypso Blues.
Below is the tracklist for Re:Generations:
1. Lush Life produced by Cee-Lo
2. Straighten Up And Fly Right produced by will.i.am, featuring Natalie Cole
3. Day In Day Out produced by Cut Chemist
4. Brazilian Love Song produced by Michaelangelo LAcqua featuring Bebel Gilberto
5. The Game of Love produced by Salaam Remi, featuring Nas
6. Walkin My Baby Back Home produced by The Roots
7. Hit That Jive, Jack! produced by Souldiggaz featuring Izza Kizza
8. Calypso Blues produced by and featuring Damian Jr. Gong Marley &
9. More & More Of Your Amor produced by Bitter:Sweet
10. El Choclo produced by Brazilian Girls
11. Pick-Up produced by Just Blaze
12. Anytime, Anyday, Anywhere produced by Amp Fiddler
13. Nature Boy produced by TV on the Radio
We have no doubts that if Nat were here today, he would embrace all of the artists on this record, said Carole Cole.
Re:Generations will be available on March 10th.