"Fancy" is the #1 song on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and it is the emcee's first chart-topping cut. The song is also #1 in the publication's Digital Songs chart and Streaming Songs chart. As a result, Billboard put together a list titled "Iggy Azalea's 'Fancy' Takeover: 10 Key Ingredients To a Summer Smash."
"That insidious beat" tops the list. "Those creeping synths, elastic in their delivery, arresting in their simplicity, serve as the backbone of 'Fancy' along with the faded Hip Hop chants, and are more immediate than any production detail on Azalea's previously released singles," Billboard says. "Credit veteran production team The Invisible Men, who worked with The Arcade on the track and several others on The New Classic, for giving Azalea and Charli XCX the perfect foundation on which to flaunt their fanciness."
Recently, BuzzFeed made another list about Azalea, "17 Reasons Why Iggy Azalea Is The Queen Of This Summer."
The rest of the list and the music video for "Fancy" are as follows:
2. Charli XCX Brought Her Songwriting Swagger.< <
3."Fancy" (and Iggy) Have Had Time To Grow.
4. An Insta-Classic Music Video.
5. On-Point Television Performances.
6. Concurrent Hit = Not A Problem.
7. The Viral Parodies Keep Coming.
8. Her Album is Selling Well.
9. Iggy's Engaging Interviews & Social Media Presence.
10. Nothing On Radio Sounds Quite Like Iggy.
For more on the list, click here.