Andre 3000 discussed making a new round of material.
Andre 3000 says that he is working on new music, according hiphopwired.com.
The story says that the OutKast rapper is working on new music and that he is in no rush to release it, statements he reportedly made while attending the 2014 Governors Ball Festival in New York City Saturday (June 7).
"I'm hoping this really makes him angry enough to be artful again," CeeLo told HipHopDX at the time. "That's what I want for him...When I lost my mother, I feel like I definitely took on her energy...I was not the same person. I took on her will. I pray and wish [Andre 3000] the same positive cause and effect. I hope he gets something constructive out of it."
Two months later, BET executive Steven Hill said that he and Andre 3000 had discussed the rapper’s album.
Me: hey what's up? You got the movie coming,right? Andre 3000: yeah...and I got a solo album coming top of the year. Me:*droptofloor*
— Stephen Hill (@StephenGHill) August 3, 2013
Andre 3000's representatives addressed Hill’s tweet. "Regarding reports of a specific plan to release an album in early 2014," Andre 3000's rep told Billboard.com, "there is no official confirmation on that report."
Also in August 2013, CeeLo Green recounted a conversation he had with Andre 3000 regarding the OutKast rapper's musical future.
"He just said he had a severe case of stage fright and just kind of been away from the game and didn't know if he could truly live up..." CeeLo said during a Goodie Mob interview with MTV. "Ah, I just feel like I'm talking too much personal stuff. I hope he don't mind. But he just said he was bothered by this bar that had been set and maybe he wants to do something different. He'll always be his worse competition, his worse critic and maybe he don't want to live up to what people think he should do...He's exceptional and has always been ahead of his time anyway. So anything he decides to do, next year or the year after that, we'll still be catching with what's on his mind."