Vinyl Sales: Record Store Day Week
Childish Gambino and The Notorious B.I.G. make an appearance on Billboard's Top Vinyl LPs this week.
Childish Gambino's because the internet is the #1 album on Billboard's Top Vinyl LPs for the week ending April 20, 2014. The vinyl LP sales were reported by Nielsen Entertainment in order to showcase Record Store Day's impact.
Gambino's because the internet sold 3,600 vinyl copies this week.
Gambino had the #55 album on this week's Top 200 Billboard chart with his most recent album. His because the internet effort, released December 2013, sold approximately 6,800 copies this week. Overall, the effort has sold about 257,000 units since its release.
The Notorious B.I.G. is the only other rapper that appears on the list. B.I.G.'s Life After Death sold 2,200 vinyl copies this week.
No Rap singles appear in Billboard's Top Vinyl singles chart.
The Notorious B.I.G.'s Life After Death was released March 1997. The double album features several Biggie singles, including "Hypnotize" and "Mo Money Mo Problems."
Billboard’s Top Vinyl LPs: Week Ending 4/20/2014
1. Childish Gambino - because the internet
2. Afghan Whigs - Do To the Beast
3. The Notorious B.I.G. - Life After Death
4. Bruce Springsteen - American Beauty
5. Jimi Hendrix - Live at Monterey
6. Grateful Dead - Live at Hampton Colliseum
7. Tame Impala - Live Versions
8. Joy Division - An Ideal For Living
9. Flaming Lips - 7 Skies H3
10. Ramones - Meltdown With the Ramones
Billboard’s Top Vinyl Singles Week Ending 4/20/2014
1. Nirvana - Pennyroyal Tea
2. Flaming Lips & Devo - Gates of Steel
3. The Cure - Just Like Heaven
4. David Bowie - 1984
5. Love/Rush - 7 and 7 is
6. Frank Zappa - Don’t Eat the Yellow Snow
7. Pantera/Poison Idea - Side By Side: The Badge
8. Paramore - Ain’t It Fun
9. Fleetwood Mac - Dragonfly
10. Garbage - Girls Talk Shit