Los Angeles DA Rules In Kanye West Beverly Hills Assault Case
The Los Angeles County District Attorney has decided whether or not it prosecute Kanye West for allegedly assaulting an 18-year old in Beverly Hills earlier this month.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney has decided that it will not prosecute Kanye West for allegedly assaulting an 18-year old in Beverly Hills January 13, tmz.com says.
The DA cited several reasons for rejecting the case. They include the fact that a civil compromise that already been reached, that the victim did not significant injuries and that the victim has become uncooperative after the civil settlement, the story says.
On Wednesday, West reportedly agreed to pay the alleged victim more than $250,000, which would settle the potential civil case against West.
The case stems from a January 13 incident in which Kanye West's fiance, Kim Kardashian, was in a Beverly Hills medical office building when she was approached by paparazzi and the 18-year-old allegedly said to Kardashian, “Fuck these faggot-ass niggers,” regarding the paparazzi
When Kardashian told the 18-year-old that it was inappropriate for him to use the n-word, he replied, “Fuck you, bitch. Just trying to help you. Shut up nigger lover, stupid slut,” tmz.com’s story said at the time.
Kardashian, who was alone at the time, let the 18-year-old walk into an office. Kanye West arrived soon thereafter and located the 18-year-old in the waiting room of chiropractor Richard Hill. Kanye West then allegedly punched the alleged victim more than 30 times.