Turk Says Juvenile Or Mannie Fresh Removed Him From Hot Boys Concert

posted December 14, 2013 11:00:00 AM CST | 13 comments

Turk Says Juvenile Or Mannie Fresh Removed Him From Hot Boys Concert

Turk adds that he doesn't have beef with either Juvenile or Mannie Fresh.

On Saturday (December 14), a Hot Boys reunion concert was expected to include Juvenile, Mannie Fresh, and Turk.

Now, Turk claims that one of the other group members had him kicked off the show.

"I had a show with Juvenile and Mannie Fresh that was brought to me about a month ago and everything was cool," explained Turk in an interview with SOHH. "I was with it. I don't have any problems with Mannie Fresh or Juve. So I'm promoting the show and everyone knows any shows that I do or any features that I do, I promote. If you follow me on Instagram, I post everything from my business to my family."

Turk continued, explaining that somehow, the plans went awry. "I keep everything open for me. I don't want my fans and supporters to feel like I can't be touched. So I feel it's only right to let people know the truth of why I'm not performing at the Nitelyfe Club show in Jackson, Mississippi tomorrow. I thought about it for a while before I decided to say something because I don't want anybody to take it the wrong way."

Turk made clear that he had no issues with either Juve or Mannie. "First of all, I want everyone to know that this is not a diss and it is not a beef. It's just real talk. I got a phone call from my booking agent about a week ago and he told me that they didn't want me on the show, that either Juve or Mannie's management called the promoter and told them either it's going to be them, which is Juve and Mannie Fresh, not showing up to the show or they would have to take me off and they're not getting their money back because they won't show up."

Turk explained that, while he understands the move on the promoter's part, he doesn't know what's going on on Mannie or Juvie's end. "If I was a promoter, I would have did what he did too. My booking agent contacted me and I was like, 'For real? What's going on?' I don't know if Juve or Mannie Fresh felt some kind of way because of the video I recently posted when my daddy passed away. The promoter said they didn't want to be in the building with me, they didn't want to do a concert and basically like I'm eating up their money. That's what they said. That's what was brought to me."

"I just want people to know that no matter what happened in my personal life, like me losing my daddy, I was going to the show," said Turk. "But the promoter contacted my booking agent and they took my picture off the flyer. They had been promoting the show for about a month. I have the first picture and now the new one. The first one had Hot Boys, Turk, Juvenile and Mannie Fresh on it. Then once all this stuff turned up, they got the one with just Mannie Fresh and Juve."

"It ain't no beef," said Turk. "I got love for everybody."

Turk recently spoke on his father's death. “From what I know, man, they say that car that hit him was going extremely fast,” Turk said at the time. “They said that they didn’t have no camera footage even though they supposed to have cameras where he got so called hit at. They said they don’t have any evidence. They don’t know who hit my dad. A lot of people saying it was a cab driver. Some people saying it was Tom, Dick and Harry. Nobody know what happened. It’s just an unsolved case. Like somebody just killed my daddy and got away with it.”

RELATED: Turk Revisits Birdman's "Ruthless" Business; Compares Heroin Battle To Ray Charles' [2013 INTERVIEW]

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26269/title.turk-says-a-hot-boys-reunion-won-t-happen

Share This

one moment...
Reply To This Comment

Got an account with one of these? Log in here, or just enter your info and leave a comment below.