Madchild Allowed Back Into The United States After Being Banned For Three Years
Exclusive: Madchild is now allowed to re-enter the United States after being held at bay for three years.
In a statement received by HipHopDX, the Canadian-based emcee says he's preparing for what's next and is excited to be able to put on shows in the U.S.
"I'm really excited to finally get back into the United States for the first time in years," Madchild said. "I have watched the Battleaxe movement grow stronger every day in America as Warriors continue to join in every state. Now I can finally share my live show with all the fans that have been patiently waiting for my return. I look forward to meeting each and every Warrior at the Warped Tour. After that, I'll be heading out on the road for a Canadian tour with my good friends Slaine and Adlib, so this is going to be a great summer!"
In late 2010, the emcee was denied access by US customs officials, upon trying to cross the border. The incident regarded customs' belief that Madchild was affiliated with the Hells Angels motorcycle club. In a previous statement, the rapper explained his side of the situation.
“The thing that is frustrating to me is that I am being judged for the people I associated with and for some trouble I had back when I was a minor over 16 years ago. In the last year I’ve managed to defeat my drug addiction and really worked on changing my life to become a better person. I’ve even started speaking at high schools here in Canada to talk to kids about the perils of drug addiction and hopefully use my journey to inspire the youth to avoid the pitfalls that I fell into."
Madchild will make his American return at the Warped Tour Tuesday in Scranton, PA. He will then head out on a full headlining tour with Slaine from La Coka Nostra and Adlib beginning August 15 in Vancouver, BC. Madchild is touring in celebration of sophomore album, Lawn Mower Man, which hits stores on August 6 via Battle Axe/Suburban Noize Records.