Paul Anka Says Jay-Z Snubbed Him On "Duets" Offer With Michael Jackson

posted Tuesday March 26 ,2013 at 10:23AM CDT | 39 comments

Paul Anka Says Jay-Z Snubbed Him On

"My Way" singer Paul Anka previously cleared a sample for Jay-Z on "Blueprint 2." Now Anka's upset when Jay-Z reportedly ignored requests to appear on a "Duets" song with him and Michael Jackson.

Veteran singer Paul Anka's most notable songwriting hit, "My Way" was the musical basis for Jay-Z's "I Did It My Way" track off of The Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse. However, according to a TMZ.com interview with Anka yesterday (March 25), the love was not returned.

The 71 year-old Canadian vocalist claimed that as he's worked on his upcoming Duets album, Jay-Z did not return phone-calls. "What I did  do, is I called up Jay-Z. He did a track with 'My Way' where I loaned him a track," reminded Anka. Jay and producer Jimmy Kendrix did use Anka's version of the song, not the popular Frank Sinatra version. "I wanted to put him in on a rap with Michael Jackson, in the middle, I called him up, but Jay-Z has totally blown me off," said Anka. "He won't answer my calls. He's inappropriate in his behavior."

Anka wrote several songs with the late Michael Jackson in the 1980s. "This Is It" was recently released in 2009, with additional recordings reportedly unreleased. Anka did add that Beyonce gets a pass. "The I love his wife, I think she's great. But Jay-Z wouldn't return the call."

This report comes less than six months after famed actor Robert De Niro reportedly confronted the rapper-turned-mogul for bad phone manners.

The video is available at TMZ.

RELATED: Robert De Niro Reportedly Confronts Jay-Z For Not Returning His Numerous Phone Calls

Share This

Add New Comment

In reply to:

{{inReply.author.name}} :

{{inReply.content}}

Cancel Reply
  • * required field