Home > News > "Freeway" Ricky Ross Responds To Rapper Rick Ross' Drive-By Shooting Attempt
"Freeway" Ricky Ross Responds To Rapper Rick Ross' Drive-By Shooting Attempt
posted Tuesday January 29, 2013 at 02:30AM PST | 138 comments
Exclusive: "Freeway" Ricky Ross says that he's "not surprised" that Rick Ross was the target of a drive-by shooting.
Following yesterday morning's incident where rapper Rick Ross crashed his Rolls Royce into a building following a drive-by shooting attempt, "Freeway" Ricky Ross has spoken out on the situtation.
Speaking exclusively with HipHopDX, the former drug kingpin said that he's "not surprised" that the assassination attempt occurred because Ross "doesn't understand the street rules." As a consequence, situations like this take place.
"I'm not surprised that it happened given recent ongoings, when someone doesn't understand the street rules they get confused and incidents like this can take place," he said. "I'm still dealing with ongoing litigation about something as basic as using my name and identity, that should have been dealt with properly a long time ago. No ill will is wished upon anyone, but when you tell these stories about the streets you have to be careful. We covered it in more depth in the Power of the Name Rick Ross piece."
"Freeway" Ricky Ross plans to take the rapper and Warner Bros. Records to court this August in the continuing fight over his name. He previously explained that the Maybach Music Group leader has "exploited and misused [his name] since he went to prison" and "made millions off [of it]."