Home > News > Lil Wayne Blames "A Pissed-Off" Jury For Documentary Lawsuit
Lil Wayne Blames "A Pissed-Off" Jury For Documentary Lawsuit
posted Wednesday November 07, 2012 at 08:30AM PST | 36 comments
Sources close to Lil Wayne says he thinks the jury purposely punished him in the trial.
This past Monday November 5, news broke that Lil Wayne had been ordered by the court to pay $2 million in his on-going legal battle with Qunicy Jones III over the film The Carter. Now, in a recent report from TMZ, sources close to Wayne report that he's suspect of the jury's intentions in the decision.
According sources close to the YMCMB rapper, Weezy F. believes that the reason he was handed a stiff fine was because the jury was "pissed off" he was unable to travel to Los Angeles due to his medical issues. He reportedly said that had he been able to attend the trial, he could have reasonably shown that QD3 Entertainment's film was defamatory in nature.
TMZ's sources also indicated that Wayne believes the sheer amount of the $2 million fine would have never been so steep had he not taken the offensive against the film prior to its release.
DX will keep you updated as more information on the case surfaces.