Rick Ross' Camp Explains Pulling Out Of Australia's Supafest
A rep for Rick Ross releases a statement regarding a change in the rapper's world tour plans.
Rick Ross was scheduled to headline Australia's Supafest on April 14 in Brisbane, April 15 in Sydney, April 21 in Melbourne, and April 22 in Perth, but will not be performing due to "unfulfilled contract obligations."
"Ross was looking forward to touching the people of Australia," said a representative for the Miami emcee, according to MTV's RapFix. "The event is one of [the] biggest urban festivals in Australia and he is very disappointed that he will not be performing. It is unfortunate that the payment arrangements did not meet contractual deadlines.
The Bawse isn't the only act to drop out of the show, as Diddy and Missy Elliott backed out of the event as well.
The change in schedule comes at a time when rumors about Ross' health have been heating up. On the night of a Houston concert, promoters Real Uprizing Productions told audience members that the hefty rapper suffered another seizure after having two last year. Promoters for a Guyana show that Ross also missed said that rapper's health kept him from performing.
Sources close to Ross' camp say he is healthy, and his representatives say he will make up for the canceled Guyana show.