It appears that The Beastie Boys may be back to their old tricks again now that Adam “MCA” Yauch is reportedly recovering from his battle with cancer. Billboard.com reports that since Yauch is doing much better the group may have resumed working on their album entitled Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 1.
News of Yauch’s health came from Tamra Davis, the wife of Beastie Boys member Michael “Mike D” Diamond, who posted somewhat of an update on her blog.
“Mike is back mixing his record, which means Adam Y is feeling better,” said Davis in her entry.
The group was forced to cease working on Hot Sauce Committee, Pt. 1 when it was announced July of last year that Yauch had been diagnosed with cancer.
In others news, iconic music man Quincy Jones is preparing for the upcoming November 9 release of his latest project entitled Q: Soul Bossa Nostra. The album will feature appearances from a number of noteworthy Hip Hop artists including Talib Kweli, Ludacris, Snoop Dogg, Q-Tip, and more.
The tracklisting for Q: Soul Bossa Nostra is as follows:
1. Ironside (feat. Talib Kweli)
2. Strawberry Letter 23 (feat. Akon)
3. Soul Bossa Nostra (feat. Ludacris, Naturally 7 & Rudy Currence)
4. Give Me The Night (feat. Jamie Foxx)
5. Tomorrow (feat. John Legend)
6. You Put A Move On My Heart (feat. Jennifer Hudson)
7. Get The Funk Out Of My Face (feat. Snoop Dogg)
8. Secret Garden (feat. Usher, LL Cool J, Robin Thicke, Tyrese, BarrWhite & Tevin Campbell)
9. Betcha Wouldn't Hurt Me (feat. Mary J. Blige, Q-Tip & Alfredo Rodriguez)
10. Everything Must Change (feat. BeBe Winans)
11. Many Rains Ago (Oluwa) (feat. Wyclef Jean)
12. PYT (feat. T-Pain & Robin Thicke)
13. It's My Party (feat. Amy Winehouse)
14. Hikky-Burr (feat. Three 6 Mafia & David Banner)
15. Sanford & Son (feat. T.I., B.o.B., Prince Charlez & Mohombi)