To help save the legendary 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center from possible demolition, please submit a Landmarks Preservation Commission doc to the attention of Mary Beth Betts, Director of Research (full address below), so that 5Pointz may be recognized as an official landmark.
To download the document, please refer to either of the links below. One of the links will allow you to download the document as a .PDF file (via SendSpace), the other link provides you to a direct URL of the document. Both documents would need to be printed, completed and returned via email to [email protected]. If using the URL based doc, please copy and paste the following details onto the section that reads: Property To Be Evaluated.
If using the URL based Landmarks Preservation Commission Document, please complete the following date in the criteria field that reads:
- Property To Be Evaluated Address And Borough: 45-46 Davis Street, Long Island City, NY 11101, Queens
- Building Name (If Any):5POINTZ Aerosol Art Center Inc.
- Building Type (Original Use):Water Plant
- Architect (If Known):Unknown. Built in 1904
- Download Landmarks Preservation Commission Document: http://bit.ly/18TfRqd
- URL for Landmarks Preservation Commission Document: http://on.nyc.gov/13F6eFJ
- To help spread the word, please tweet the following: Help Save @5PTZ Aerosol Arts Center: http://on.nyc.gov/13F6eFJ
- Email your complete preservation form to: [email protected]
T.H.E.M. Recordings and Bucktown USA will also be hosting a 5Pointz Festival this Saturday, June 8th from 2-7 PM at 5Pointz. Shabaam Sahdeeq, Innocent?, Bekay, Mic Handz, and more will be rocking the mic for an event that you won't want to miss!
5Pointz x T.H.E.M. Recordings Prize Package:
The good folks at T.H.E.M. Recordings have joined forces 5Pointz to put together an incredible prize package (see below). For a chance to win, simply enter your email address in the widget below and you will be contacted if you have been selected to be awarded from among the prizes. Please note that all email submissions will be contacted via email with the Landmark Preservation Document in effort to bolster this campaign so that 5Pointz may be recognized as an official landmark.
5 Pointz Prize Package:
- Autographed Meres One print to awarded to one selected winner (click here to view past work)
- Collabrative piece whereby one selected winner will collaborate on site with a 5 Pointz featured artist (one winner, prize to be redeemed within two weeks of announcement of winner)
- A chance to put a piece up on the wall of 5 Pointz (two winners to be selected, prize to be redeemed within two weeks of announcement of winner)
T.H.E.M. Recordings Prize Package:
- T-Shirts to the top 25 selected winners (all sizes available)
- Meet and greet/photo ops with Innocent? and The Rockness Monstah (starting at 5pm on 6/08 at 45-46 Davis Street, Long Island City)
- Cameo in the next Innocent? video (available for up to three winners)
Deadline is 2013-06-21